[Qgis-developer] QGIS Preview Release 2

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Sep 12 22:31:04 EDT 2006

On Sep 12, 2006, at 8:33 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:

> Hi
>
> On 12/09/2006, at 11:08, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>> If Tom can't get to the Mac build, I could take care of it.
>> Though they would have my frameworks external for dependencies
>> (GDAL, PROJ, ...), instead of internal libraries.  I think Tom was
>> considering or interested in using the frameworks, and they're in
>> a stable state now.
>>

> Great - I havent heard from Tom yet - if we dont hear from him in
> the next day or two, I would say go ahead. Will it be possible to
> bundle just the frameworks actually required to run qgis to
> minimise the download size (even if it is two downloads - 1 for the
> application bundle and one form the frameworks installer package)?

Considering that the needed frameworks for QGIS are 85MB out of 92
(for all the frameworks I have so far), there isn't much space
savings.  (these are uncompressed sizes)  So, the extras used by
GRASS (often used with QGIS) and MapServer are pretty small.

I'll build QGIS with my frameworks, I probably would anyways, to make
sure my frameworks are tuned up.  So you can grab it from my site if
you need it.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that
the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy
between my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe