[Qgis-developer] Updated Build Instructions for Ubuntu Dapper

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 12:39:26 EDT 2006

Hi Tim,

just a small note to the instructions - regarding to build.sh script,
you need to use "debug" not "xdebug" as a parameter as the if command
in the script is:
if [ x$2 = xdebug ]
That 'x' in front of $2 is there because if $2 is empty, test command
doesn't have left operand and fails with an error. Prepending the
parameter with 'x' or something similar is common practise to preserve
compatibility with old shells, I guess that nowadays it's quite safe
to use 'newer' idiom:
if [ "$2" = debug ]

Looking further at build.sh, test for static builds is incorrect:
if [ x$2 = "static" ]