[Qgis-developer] 0.8.0: some comments/problems
stephan.holl at intevation.de
Thu Feb 15 06:13:48 EST 2007
while working hard with the qgis 0.8.0 win32 binaries from
download.qgis.org I found some oddities. Perhaps you are aware of them,
if not I will create a bug-entry in the tracker:
* Query-Build inside the metadata-tab does not open for PostGIS-layers.
It works on GNU/Linux though. Using the Querybuilder by
double-clicking the layername inside the open-dialog, everything
works fine though.
* SPIT: once starting the import of a shapefile the 'cancel'-button
does not work anymore. It would be nice to cover the import into a
transaction block that 'cancel' could be easily rolled back.
* The OGR-driver where GRASS is linked against does not support
PostGIS. This should be changed so that GRASS can export to PostGIS
directly using v.out.ogr. (Is it save to exchange the gdal|ogr.dll
with one with postgresql-support, perhaps from fwtools for win32?!)
The next 'problem' appear on both windows and linux-systems:
* Snap-Distance for editing PostGIS-layers does somehow not work
correctly. Also 2 Error-boxes appear with the hint to the place to
* GRASS toolbox: The module-name should be prompted somewhere on the
tab, perhaps directly over the first entry-fields of the module-tab?
This would make it easier to see which module is open.
As always, thanks for your hard work on QGIS though.
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de>, http://intevation.de/~stephan
Tel: +49 (0)541-33 50 8 32 | Intevation GmbH | AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998
Geschäftsführer: Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner
More information about the Qgis-developer