[Qgis-developer] Qgis-developer Digest, Vol 17, Issue 17

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Jul 23 10:43:48 EDT 2007

Hi

Many thanks to Tisham for being pressganged....ahem *volunteering* to
maintain windows binary of QGIS...

Regarding ECW to me is seems the best way to go forward on that is to
provide support via an additional download that can install ecw bits
and bobs into an existing QGIS install. Since this package could be
completely independent of QGIS, just having gdal bits and bobs, I
believe it would keep QGIS project immune from any potential license
infringement....but Im not a lawyer so other people may have a better
assessment of this idea....

In general it would be great to have as many gdal supported formats as
possible - bearing in mind issues like:

https://svn.qgis.org/trac/ticket/182

Regards

Tim