[Qgis-developer] Qgis-developer Digest, Vol 17, Issue 17

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Jul 23 03:57:42 EDT 2007

Hi Bejamin.
We do not use windows, but many of our customers do.

Benjamin Ducke ha scritto:

> tisham at apogee.com.au wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Tim has assigned me as the 0.9 win champion. I would like to know
>> which features people would like most in the release as relates to:
>>
>> grass - which version , 6.3 ?

+1 (much better, especially for the much improved grass toolbox)

>> gdal/ogr - which supported raster and vector formats , a lot of
>> gdal/ogr formats require additional dependencies e.g GML requires
>> xerces and ECW support does not compile under MSYS/MINGW( I am slowly
>> patching to make it work anyone who absolutely needs ECW better help
>> me :) )

the latest GDAL should be the best.
ECW support is one of the most requested features. The licencing
structure is uncertain, but it it is at all possible this would be a
major improvement.

It would be useful to kind of automate the process, in order to have a
fresh win snapshot to test even before the final release.

Thanks a lot.
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini