[Qgis-developer] Georeferencing in QGIS: need a patch for 0.8.1

Sebastian Schmitz sebastian.schmitz at wheregroup.com
Mon Jul 30 03:53:58 EDT 2007

Hi again,

some time ago I mentioned this bug in QGIS versions 0.8.1 and 0.8.0,
which seems to have been fixed in 0.9. I could not yet report this to
TRAC as I do not have an account yet:

> there seems to be a bug in the georeferencer plugin. In a project that
> uses EPSG:31466 (GaussKrüger2) running a Helmert transformation to
> georeference an image, I get a wrong result. It results in negative 4-digit coordinates for Gauss-Krüger 2, which cannot be.
> This bug seems to have been fixed in 0.9. I need to run 0.8.1. Will there be a patch for 0.8.1?

As there was no reply, I try again. Is this the right place for this,
developers?

Is anybody aware of this bug having been fixed, so that a patch for
0.8.1 could be supplied? We use QGIS 0.8.1 on a liveLinux-CD based on
KNOPPIX, so a patch for 0.8.1 would be great. Limited funding is available.

Thanks for any comments and feedback.

Sebastian