[Qgis-developer] 0.9 Python modules on windows

Aaron Racicot aaronr at z-pulley.com
Mon Jul 30 13:55:16 EDT 2007

Hi there Jesse,

So, I am not a cmake guru but if I remember:

1) There is a variable in the ccmake setup that you can set called
"BINDINGS_GLOBAL_INSTALL" which puts the core.pyd and gui.pyd files in your
python site-packages directories... this is what I do so that there is not a
need to find the libraries with PYTHONPATH.  On my machine the site-packages
area with the correct files is at: C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\qgis.  Also
just make sure the the WITH_BINDINGS:BOOL=ON is set in cmake as well... just
to build the bindings at all!

2) The path PYTHONPATH needs to be able to find the core.pyd and gui.pyd
files and in my build install they are not there... so I can locate them in
the build area (not install area) at C:\dev\cpp\qgis\build\python.  I have
not tried to use them from their directly (as I have them installed in
site-packages), but that is a place to start.

Hope that helps!

 Aaron Racicot - GIS Programmer
 360.221.2441 - aaronr at ecotrust.org
 e c o t r u s t