[Qgis-developer] python bindings, shapefile creation : attributes

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Nov 23 13:00:13 EST 2007

Hi

2007/11/23, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com>:
> On Nov 23, 2007 6:29 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> >
> > Martin indeed these are very nice docs. How would you feel about me
> > moving them into the developers manual (CODING.t2t) I am compiling -
> > they would make a great addition and from their would work their way
> > into the pdf docs etc. Also people checking out the qguis sources will
> > be able to use them without having to go online to read the wiki.
>

> Hi Tim.
>
> I don't mind if you put it to the developers' manual, but I would
> prefer to leave it on wiki and just include a link to wiki. in the
> CODING.t2t file. The reason is that it I've started to put there some
> useful code snippets which eventually may be something like QGIS API
> introduction. However there are many (important) pieces still missing
> like handling raster layers, using renderers, symbology etc and
> everything that's related to gui library. Also from my point of view
> it's easier to maintain it at one place rather than trying to keep
> them both in synchronization. Well and moinmoin has nice python
> highlighting :)

Ok I didnt explain myself well - it will still be available in the
wiki under http://wiki.qgis.org/qgiswiki/DevelopersManual , generated
from the CODING.t2t canonical master. Also in my opininion its better
if you do it in CODING.t2t because the CODING (generated text) will be
produced for each release so we can always have coding guide relevant
to the release. By maintaining only on the wiki it supports only the
most current API and is difficult for users of e.g. 0.8 to find the
correct docs. For more explanation see the original mail I sent to the
dev list explaining CODING.t2t earlier this week.

Make sense?

Regards

Tim

--