[Qgis-developer] usability enhancements for georeferencer plugin

Oleg Gusev oleg at crista.uni-wuppertal.de
Tue Oct 30 06:35:57 EDT 2007

Am Dienstag 30 Oktober 2007 10:54:40 schrieben Sie:

> It is not clear to me what you mean with 'CRS of the referenced image'.
> Isn't that unknown in the normal case? After referencing, the image has the
> CRS of the control points.

Hi Marco,

 you are right, but such general approach may have bad side effects.
 If the referenced images are in a local metric coordinate system
 (for example transverse mercator) and the GCPs are longlat WGS84
 taken from GPS, then one usually don't want to create the georeferenced
 longlat WGS84 raster. At our latitudes it leads to a 1:2 pixel distortion.

 Oleg.