[Qgis-developer] qgis.gui crash on mac os x 10.4

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Sep 15 12:54:25 EDT 2007

The Python tools shell that is opened from within Qgis sets the
sys.path. src/app/qgspythonutils.cpp line 50:

   // expect that bindings are installed locally, so add the path to
modules
   // also add path to plugins
   runString("sys.path = [\"" + pythonPath() + "\", \"" + pluginsPath
() + "\"] + sys.path");

Ah, once I look at it closely, it's effectively doing an insert, just
in a more manual way.

The mapserver export does an append:

   QString sysCmd = QString("sys.path.append('%1')").arg(scriptDir);

but it doesn't use any python extensions, so no change necessary there.

On Sep 15, 2007, at 3:33 AM, Martin Dobias wrote:

> Hi Wiliam,
>
> I don't understand how do you mean this - what should be changed? If I
> understand this issue correctly, the problem arises when someone adds
> qgis bindings path to the end of python's sys.path list. Instead it
> should be added to the start of the list... but how is this related to
> the QGIS sources?
>
> Regards
> Martin
>
> On 9/12/07, William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
>> Gary, maybe this should be changed in the Qgis source?  I imagine it
>> will affect other platforms where a user installs PyQt on their own
>> but uses a downloaded Qgis binary.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in
a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy