[Qgis-developer] [Fwd: Re: [Geowanking] ArcView 3.1 replacement]

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Apr 23 14:34:30 EDT 2008

Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On Wed, 23. Apr 2008 at 16:18:24 +0200, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
>> Seems a nice (and challenging) 'feature' for qgis...
>> see:
>> http://mapperz.blogspot.com/2007/01/spatial-join-analysis-returns-to-arcgis.html
>
> Am I missing something or didn't they know Horst's geoprocessing plugin?

mmm, not sure, but reading the other url (and
http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisdesktop/9.2/index.cfm?TopicName=About_joining_and_relating_tables),
it seems to me that he is looking for an even more sophisticated
function. A function which joins attributes/records based on (indeed)
something like a spatial relationship (intersects, contains, is_within
etc). And/or options to choose between a 1to1 or 1tomany relationship,
define models how to handle attributes in case there are more records
involved etc.

Don't know Horst's planning, but  maybe you are right, and Horst's next
version will 'grow' to something like that? That would be nice to
communicate to the Geowanking-community...

Richard