[Qgis-developer] printing branch ready for testing

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Aug 20 17:16:15 EDT 2008

Hi Marco

One thing I also wanted to ask - some time ago on this list we
discussed the mapcomposer overhaul and one of the ideas was to provide
a separate library component (to go into gui lib) and then a part in
app that makes use of this and handles user interaction. Is this still
possible? I would like to update the quickprint plugin to use your new
composer code but from basic looking through your changes I dont see a
way to do this without refactoring composer stuff. Failing that I will
probably try to repair it or remove it or disable it (since it has
been broken since render context stuff came into trunk I think). I
think there is still a strong usecase for having something like
quickprint where users basically press a button and get a print ready
map, so in an ideal world I'd like to not remove it. Do you have any
thoughts on the matter?

Best regards

Tim

2008/8/20 Hugentobler  Marco <marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch>:
> Hi John,
>
> I'm going to give it a try tomorrow on the old G4 in my office.
>
>>Is it possible, or planned, to be able to move map items to the
>>forward or backward? In other words, to be able to arrange map items
>>to bring them to the front of another item (drawn on top) or to place
>>them back in the draw queue. I hope that makes sense.
>
> Yes, this is one thing that I plan to implement before feature freeze.
>
> Regards,
> Marco

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release Manager)
 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net