[Qgis-developer] New plugin and upgrades

Mauricio de Paulo mauricio.dev at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 20:46:52 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,
Hum... as usual I've been trying to improve QGIS tools to fit to my needs. And
as usual the result is some upgrades in the plugins and a new tool.
The new tool is the pypostgis plugin. It's a very rough plugin to pass queries
to postgis using OGR connection. It creates a primary key for the resulting
table and loads it to QGis.
The update in qgis_rgb is that now the plugin creates a virtual raster instead
of a new huge geotiff. I think it's the best aproach as the plugin goal is to
be a quick way to visualize satelite data in qgis. It now uses gdal and
python-xml so i don't know if it's going to work on windows (can someone
test?). The drawback is that the vrt is slower than the RGB geotif.
The update in qgsAzimuth is the irradiation process. The goal is to be rough
precision drawing for qgis.
The update in qgsAddWkt is the geometry validation. The approach chosen is
very ugly as it tests the expression creating a new ogr geometry from wkt.
And if it works it creates a qgsgeometry from wkt. It's done this way because
I wasn't able to catch the exception when creating a qgsgeometry from wkt. I
think it's a QGIS' API bug. If it's not I'd be glad to know.
Well, I hope someone like the plugins as much as I enjoy making them. Any
sugestions to improve them is welcome.
Maurício de Paulo