[Qgis-developer] please help me write a QGIS-PostGIS GUI in Python

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Fri Feb 1 03:10:03 EST 2008

Gary Sherman pisze:
> A question -
> Why reimplement  the entire postgis dialog in Python? It would be easier
> to create a plugin that creates a new layer rather than duplicate
> functionality already in the application.

In order to create, delete or modify a PostGIS layer one has to connect
to a database and choose a schema first anyway. My plugin at least must
have the connection chooser, "connect" button and schema/table selector.
The "search options" button from the "Add Postgis Table" would be very
usefull too. These all are implemented in the "Add Postgis Table"
already and constitute the most of it. An option to create, delete,
modify PostGIS tables fits rigth there, and should be there.

Since I don't know C++ and can't extend the "Add Postgis Table" like it
is, I have to recreate it in Python, then add desired extra functionality.

Maciek