[Qgis-developer] please help me write a QGIS-PostGIS GUI in Python

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 07:26:31 EST 2008

2008/2/1, Maciej Sieczka <tutey at o2.pl>:
> Maciej Sieczka pisze:
>
> > Since I don't know C++ and can't extend the "Add Postgis Table" like it
> > is, I have to recreate it in Python, then add desired extra functionality.
>
> OK, I don't know Python either. Yet there are more chances I can learn
> some of it enough to complete the task, than in case of C++. But I need
> help.
>
> Getting back to my question - what do I do to call the
> qgsdbsourceselectbase.py (created with pyuic4) and spawn it's GUI, from
> a QGIS Python script? Details in my other email in the thread.
>
> Maciek

Hey, it's a pity I joined the list just yesterday, I'm also in the
process of writing such plugin.

Before making it a plugin I wanted to make it work standalone and I
was half-way to do it when I decided to buy the PyQT book. Now I
paused the development while I study python and QT.

If you want I can send you the (GPL'd)  code I've written so far, the
GUI is somewhat complete, the functionality is mostly missing.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it