[Qgis-developer] arrows on line strings?

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 08:44:19 EST 2008

On Feb 1, 2008 7:31 PM, Tim Sutton <tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> way to go for 1.0 relase. If anyone vigorously disagrees let me know,
> otherwise I'll incorporate your patch in 0.9.3 with some additions
> from myself to enabled or disable line arrows via the layer props
> dialog, the vector api and the layer properties serialisation
> mechanism.

-0 for me (I don't like it but won't get in the way).

The reason is that changes like this miss some concept and is just a
hack to make something work. Change like this should be done in two
steps: 1. improve renderers interface to support some additional
drawing 2. add the feature.

Some more observations:
- magic numbers in code like arrowSize=10 are not good
- when dividing add test whether line.length() is not 0, this can happen

IMO we should have some plan how to add new features. Adding them
ad-hoc is not good even if they are useful additions if the
implementation is not in the direction we'd like to go.

Martin