[Qgis-developer] GDAL/OGR C API Port

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Feb 17 23:54:14 EST 2008

Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> Yes I can make at least ubuntu gutsy debs for testing and probably win
> MSVC build (sans grass and python) installer.
>
> One concern I have is that people reintroduce c++ calls later and undo
> Franks good work. I wonder if its possible via cmake to restrict the
> build to use only the C api?

Tim,

I have stripped out use of the C++ include files, so adding calls
to the C++ API will require adding new #includes, not just an
inadvertent method call or anything like that.

It is also reasonable easy to verify by doing grepping the "nm"
output all all the .so files for OGR, GDAL and CPL.  If only the
C API all that should show up in nice undecorated function names.

Best regards,