[Qgis-developer] Import error in the qgis.core, qgis.gui module, Help needed

Aaron Racicot aaronr at z-pulley.com
Thu Sep 4 02:32:50 EDT 2008

Try adding the path to the python directory within your QGIS install to your
PYTHONPATH environment variable.  Something like:

PYTHONPATH=C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages;C:\Program Files\Quantum GIS
0_11_0\python

The other option is to copy the qgis dir from the python folder in your QGIS
install into site-packages manually. but I prefer setting the PYTHONPATH.

Once you think you have things set up you can just try to launch a cmd shell
and test the import:

C:\Users\Xxxx>python

Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 21 2008, 13:11:45) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
on win32

>>> from qgis.core import *

Hope that helps.

Aaron