[Qgis-developer] My introduction and 1st question

Stefan Sassenberg stefan.sassenberg at gmx.de
Fri Sep 5 15:37:08 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm Stefan. I recently downloaded qgis to see if I could use it for my
needs. I think it is, but there's still something missing that I need.
Ok, I just might not have found it yet, but anyway I considered it a
good idea to have a look at the source code to see if I should spend
some time to make this or that modification. Until then I worked on my
own Java application for importing and exporting tracks, waypoints and
routes to and from my eTrex (in fact it does a lot more, I'd feel little
sad to give it all up).

I checked out qgis with "svn co https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/trunk/qgis
qgis" and configured it successfully. "Making" the current state is yet
not possible, because of an error:

/home/stefan/cprg/workspace/qgis/src/core/qgsgeometry.cpp: In member
function »int QgsGeometry::splitLinearGeometry(GEOSGeom_t*,
QList<QgsGeometry*>&)«:
/home/stefan/cprg/workspace/qgis/src/core/qgsgeometry.cpp:4602: Fehler:
»GEOSLength« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
/home/stefan/cprg/workspace/qgis/src/core/qgsgeometry.cpp: In member
function »int QgsGeometry::splitPolygonGeometry(GEOSGeom_t*,
QList<QgsGeometry*>&)«:
/home/stefan/cprg/workspace/qgis/src/core/qgsgeometry.cpp:4693: Fehler:
»GEOSArea« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht definiert
make[2]: *** [src/core/CMakeFiles/qgis_core.dir/qgsgeometry.o] Fehler 1
make[1]: *** [src/core/CMakeFiles/qgis_core.dir/all] Fehler 2
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

For those of you who can't read the german error messages: It says that
GEOSLength and GEOSArea aren't defined in the scope.

I tried to grep those symbols in the *.h files of the qgis directory but
couldn't find it. Maybe you can help me with that one. Or does it happen
that the current trunk is not compilable?

By the way, I try to do the development in an eclipse ganymede
environment. Perhaps the one or other has an idea about that.

Best regards

Stefan