[Qgis-developer] PyDev

Maurício de Paulo mauricio.dev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 09:17:57 EST 2009

Indeed. I know that there is some way to make pydev search everything and
build autocomplete, but I haven't looked much into it. I don't really use
autocomplete... And eclipse is a really demanding IDE. It takes a really
well tuned PC to make it worth the processing and memory cost. It's one of
the main reasons I looked for better PCs... (sadly)
On this post I wrote about how to debug a python plugin running qgis and
watching variables and breakpoints from eclipse's pydev.
http://mauriciodepaulo.blogspot.com/2009/12/pydev-e-qgis.html
As it's written in portuguese i'm going to explain a bit here.
You have to call the pydev daemon from your python script and start the
eclipse debug server.
Whenever the script is run, it will try to fetch the server and will debug
it.
If the server is not on, the script fails.
Hope it helps.
Mauricio de Paulo