[Qgis-developer] Re: Xcode - compile error, doc questions

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Feb 8 18:41:47 EST 2009

On Feb 8, 2009, at 4:27 PM, Gary Sherman wrote:

>> For some reason, the north arrow plugin won't compile.  With
>> moc_plugingui.cpp, plugin.cpp and plugingui.cpp sources I get:
>>
>> plugingui.h:21: error: expected class-name before '{' token
>
> Try adding:
>
> #include <QDialog>
>
> after the line containing #include "ui_pluginguibase.h"

No joy.  I thought of that, since it's that way in another plugin's
plugingui.h.

>> - What is help_viewer app needed for?  The "Help Index" from the
>> Help menu opens said index in Safari.  The pdf userguide is linked
>> from that index.  If the help_viewer is what is opening Safari,
>> seems like that should just be done directly by Qgis.
>>
> It is used to view context help from within the various dialogs in
> QGIS.

What is the format of this context help?  I'm just wondering if it
could also be opened in a web browser, or the system help viewer.

Note: just found that the help_viewer in my binary has more of those
pesky linking issues :(

>> - A suggestion: have the userguide pdf directly accessible from the
>> Help menu - saves an application switch.
>>
>> - I notice that the userguide.pdf is from v0.9.1.  Shouldn't this
>> have been updated before the 1.0 release?
>>

> Yes, I noticed this too. The current 1.0 documentation should have
> been included, something that can't be fixed on the next maintenance
> release.

"can" be fixed, you mean?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.