[Qgis-user] Re: [Qgis-developer] Properties dialog too big for small displays (eee PC display)

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Mar 1 07:04:40 EST 2009

I agree that there is a usability problem for QGIS on small screens. But
it is not an easy problem to solve. If you make smaller dialogues there
is a lack of usability on big screens  (esp. when you have
high-resolution dual-screens).

At some point it might be useful to have different UIs for QGIS:

* for normal PCs and high-resolution PCs
* For small notebooks and netbooks
* for PDAs

I don't think there is a single UI that fits all of these different
devices. Also, Tablet PCs and PDAs with Touchscreens might require a
different UI than devices that are controlled with a mouse.

Andreas