[Qgis-developer] [Fwd: Problem at starting QGIS and at uninstalling through osgeo4w-setup]

Agustin Lobo aloboaleu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 11:28:24 EST 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Problem at starting QGIS and at uninstalling through osgeo4w-setup
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 11:58:13 +0100
From: Agustin Lobo <aloboaleu at gmail.com>
To: osgeo4w-dev at lists.osgeo.org

Hi!

After around 30 installations of QGIS using osgeo4w
according to directions in:
http://sites.google.com/site/eospansite/qsig-for-windows
(please notify of any improvements that should be done)

I've found only 1 case with a major problem (Win XP machine)
and I would most appreciate your help.

At starting QGIS, the following message is displayed and the program
does not start:
"Error at starting the program because jpeg_osgeo.dll could not be
found. Reinstaling the program could solve the problem"
(this is my own translation of the original message in Spanis:
"Error al iniciar la aplicación porque no se encontró jpeg_osgeo.dll. La
reinstalación de la aplicación puede solucionar el problema")

(I was not present while the student made the actual installation, so
cannot guarantee that he followed the directions above strictly).

The problem is that we have tried to uninstall through osgeo4w-setup
but don't get to make a complete uninstall, there are always
remaining items. We've uninstalled as much as we could, and installed
again, but the problem remains.

Could you advice on how to proceed for a complete removal and subsequent
successful installation?

Thanks

Agus

--
Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)

email: Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
http://www.ija.csic.es/gt/obster