[Qgis-developer] build qgis-grass plugin on Windows

godofredo contreras frdcn at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 23 13:56:01 EDT 2009

If you built your own grass then you can create your msvc import libraries:

Copy and save the following sed script to mkdef.sed in the directory

where your grass dlls are located.

/Dump of file / {

s/Dump of file \([^ ]*\)$/LIBRARY \1/p

a\

EXPORTS

}

/[ ]*ordinal hint/,/^[ ]*Summary/ {

/^[ ]\+[0-9]\+/ {

s/^[ ]\+[0-9]\+[ ]\+[0-9A-Fa-f]\+[ ]\+[0-9A-Fa-f]\+[ ]\+\([^ =]\+\).*$/ \1/p

}

}

Download and install sed utility from:

http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/sed.htm

Make sure sed directory is in the environment variable path

Open Visual Studio C++ command line.

change working directory to the directory where your grass dlls are located

Execute the following commands for every grass dll ({grassdll} must be changed to

grass dll name) :

dumpbin /exports {grassdll} | sed -nf mkdef.sed > {grassdll}.def

lib /def:{grassdll}.def /machine:x86

Those commands will create {grassdll}.lib that you can use with

visual studio.

Regards

Godofredo Contreras