[Qgis-user] Re: [Qgis-developer] Simplify the download pages

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Mon Apr 12 16:28:16 EDT 2010

Kumaran Narayanaswamy wrote:
> My two cents...
>
> QGIS download page can follow the GRASS approach where the page detects the
> Operating system from where the request is coming and accordingly displays
> Windows only Page or Mac Only Page.
>
> In each download page we can have link to download the current version and
> in the bottom a link to page which states Download nightlybuilds and LTS
> version and another link to other OS's pages.

Are there any stats regarding how many downloads there are of the LTS
version vs. the current version? I'm just guessing, but I also think
that putting the LTS version along with nightly "testing" builds  on a
separate page would be a good way to simplify the page.
--
Micha

Micha Silver
Arava Development Co. +972-52-3665918