[Qgis-developer] Re: SVGFill test

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 19:34:42 EST 2010

Hi Marco,

I now realize that my butterfly svg has a halo border (I was trying to make them stand out as point symbols on dark backgrounds; no way to add a buffer to symbols yet like you can do with labels). Still it is unusual that it renders it so differently on my system than yours based on your screen grab.

Also, when I tested printing to pdf the fill patter from the composer, the svg is scaled up to a huge size, practically filling the entire map space with only one symbol. Have you tested a print to pdf yourself yet?

As a side note, it would be great to have an option in the symbol properties to adjust the spacing between repeats of the svg image fill. I.e., padding the repeated elements by some value so the spacing can be adjusted without having to manually change the svg symbol itself.

Cheers,
John