[Qgis-developer] Re: SVGFill test

Marco Hugentobler marco at hugis.net
Sun Jan 17 03:54:53 EST 2010

Hi John

>Still it is unusual
>  that it renders it so differently on my system than yours based on your
>  screen grab.

Which version of Qt are you using?

> As a side note, it would be great to have an option in the symbol
>  properties to adjust the spacing between repeats of the svg image fill.
>  I.e., padding the repeated elements by some value so the spacing can be
>  adjusted without having to manually change the svg symbol itself.

I also think this would be a usefull option. Could you fill an enhancement
request in trac to remind me?

> Also, when I tested printing to pdf the fill patter from the composer, the
>  svg is scaled up to a huge size, practically filling the entire map space
>  with only one symbol. Have you tested a print to pdf yourself yet?

This is a bug in the Qt pdf printer (see the answer that I received on the qt-
interest mailing list about it). However, I think not all versions are
affected. At my development machine in the office, it seems to work with pdf too.

Regards,
Marco

Mail on qt-interest:

Marco Hugentobler wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm setting a QTransform object to QBrush to scale the image texture, like
> this:
>
> QTransform brushTransform;
> brushTransform.scale(1.0 / context.rasterScaleFactor(), 1.0 /
> context.rasterScaleFactor());
> mBrush.setTextureImage(textureImage);
> mBrush.setTransform(brushTransform);
>
> This works when drawing with QPainter to QImage, post script and svg.
However,
> it does not work with the pdf print engine. The image does not gets scaled
on
> PDF. Is this a known issue?
>
> I'm using Qt 4.5.2 on Linux.
>
> Thanks,
> Marco

The issue is known as QTBUG-5114 in our bug tracker.

Regards,
Kim

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler