[Qgis-developer] Announcement: QGIS 1.4 documentation released

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Sun Mar 21 10:01:15 EDT 2010

Dear QGIS users,

we are pleased to announce the release of the "user guide" and "coding
and compilation guide" for QGIS version 1.4. The new manual includes
numerous updates and of course all new features and core plugins
available in the current software release, e.g.

* New advanced symbology engine
* New smart labeling plugin
* Many user interface cleanups
* New 'newgis' icon theme
* 'Export to PDF' feature to map composer
* Support to user-specific SVG path in the map composer
* Field Calculator and other attribute functionalities
* ...

We would like to thank all document maintainers for their help to make
this release possible.

You find a PDF version of the new manual here:
http://www.qgis.org/en/documentation/manuals.html

Unfortunately we were not able to release the manual simultaneously with
the software. We hope to catch up for the upcoming version and we would
be happy, if we find more people to join the documentation group, so we
can better split the work load. If you are interested to join, please
write an email to the qgis-community-team list: