[Qgis-developer] Build dependency list

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 11:56:39 EDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Ivan Mincik <ivan.mincik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to ask if the "An overview of the dependencies required
> for building" provided by INSTALL file is still correct information.
> (
> '''Required build deps:'''
> * CMake >= 2.4.3
> * Flex, Bison
>
> '''Required runtime deps:'''
> * Qt >= 4.3.0
> * Proj >= 4.4.x
> * GEOS >= 3.0
> * Sqlite3 >= 3.0.0
> * GDAL/OGR >= 1.4.x
> )
> I am not sure about Qt and GDAL/OGR as well.

CMake should be >= 2.6 and Qt >= 4.4. I've updated the version
information in svn (r13141) and wiki. The rest of the list looks good
to me.

> Is there any official long term plan about which minimal versions to
> keep when coding (I remember some information about Qt 4.4) ? This
> information is important for enterprise distributions like Debian, to
> know if next version of Qgis will run without updating lot of core
> libraries.

Not to my knowledge. But we always consider if the proposed newer
version isn't too much "bleeding edge" when increasing minimal version
of dependencies.

Martin