[Qgis-developer] problems with SDA4PP plugin

Volkan Kepoglu vkepoglu at gmail.com
Mon May 17 09:41:44 EDT 2010

SDA4PP uses only rpy2. I never tried under osgeo4w. But theoretically, as
Carson said, the plugin should also run under osgeo4w, if required R
packages are installed and the path of R is defined correctly.
if it is tried, is there any error?

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Carson Farmer <carson.farmer at gmail.com>wrote:

> Should still work, rpy2 is how the plugin interacts with R, and as
> long as rpy2 is installed via osgeo4w it should work. It's possible
> that you'll have to add the path to you R installation to your path
> environment variable, but this should be the same if you've installed
> rpy2 for use with the standalone qgis as well.
>
> Carson
>
> On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Giovanni Manghi
> <giovanni.manghi at gmail.com> wrote:
> standalone
> >> Plugins that use the rpy2/rpy python library (of which I believe
> >> SDA4PP is one) should still work under the osgeo4w version of qgis as
> >> long as you've installed rpy2/rpy using the osgeo4w installer.
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > I was speaking about R dependencies, not pyhton.
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > -- Giovanni --
> >

> --
> Carson J. Q. Farmer
> ISSP Doctoral Fellow
> National Centre for Geocomputation
> National University of Ireland, Maynooth,
> http://www.carsonfarmer.com/

Volkan Osman Kepoglu
PhD Candidate
GGIT Department in METU,