[Qgis-developer] Ready to branch?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Nov 8 09:23:47 EST 2010

Hi,

I don't know if the branching already happened and I am in no position to
influence you developers about when to branch - but I would like to know
if the issues around nested grouping and more powerful re-arranging of
groups and layers are properly tested and bugs resolved?

If not - I would like to suggest that it would receive more attention by
testers and developers before going forward with the release.

I recently heard that often layers aren't properly turned off and on
properly, sometimes the wrong layers and that sometimes dragging around
layers or groups acts weird.

I think that it is one of the major features in QGIS 1.6 (thank you
Jürgen) and that it should be properly tested before the release.

If the issues still exist I would not go forward with the release, as this
is an area that would immediately be visible, cause troubles and hurt
QGIS' reputation if it doesn't work as expected.

A concerted effort of users and developers should be made to resolve those
issues if they still exist.

Andreas

On Sun, November 7, 2010 1:16 pm, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi folks...
>
> We need to press ahead with the release as soon as possible.
>
> It would not be good to start the hackfest while the freeze is still in
> effect.
>
> Can you please +1 this message if you are happy to release or otherwise
> provide a substantial reason why we shouldn't.
>
> I will include a note with the release announcement explaining that this
> is
> a rush release and suggesting that conservative users stay on 1.5 if they
> already have it installed.
>
> I am travelling at the moment but, internet willing, will branch for
> release
> tonight barring major objections.
>
> Regards Tim

Andreas Neumann