[Qgis-developer] ogr virtual datasource not working

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Feb 23 11:40:31 EST 2011

Milo van der Linden wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a csv file (which is public domain and can be found here:
> http://www.dogomaps.net/bikkels/test.csv) that I try to access through a
> vrt (virtual datasource http://www.dogomaps.net/bikkels/test.vrt). It is
> accessible with ogrinfo, but when I try to open it with qGIS, it fails.
>
> ogrinfo output looks valid. What can be wrong?

[oops should also go to (actually user) list ....]

Hi Milo:

I can see them in qgis if:

1) you make the relative path to test.csv in the vrt file an absolute path
2) you remove the dots from the coordinates 112.333 (you actually mean
112333 in RD)
3) there are some strange points in the list, but 99 percent is in the
amsterdam-area  :-)

Regards,

Richard