[Qgis-developer] Re: Raster providers

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 14:26:24 EST 2011

Hi all,
new raster providers are ready for testing. The work is not yet
finished but all the old functionality should be available. Current
status:

- GDAL: on-the-fly reprojection via gdal warp, quite slow, I have not
yet implemented the trick used in Mapserver Marco pointed me to.
Please let me know, if you consider the speed at least acceptable for
real work. The speed depends especially on output display size.

- GRASS: all the old functionality is back, the data are provided
instead of just a picture so that it is possible to assign a style in
QGIS like it was possible with GRASS via GDAL, reprojection is not yet
implemented

- WMS: should work like before, the requested SRS does not yet follow
current project projection

Please test the raster providers branch and let me know about problems:

svn co https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/branches/raster-providers

I would like to merge the branch to trunk and continue the work in trunk.

Radim