[Qgis-developer] release of 1.7

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Wed Jun 1 09:13:00 EDT 2011

Reading the discussion, I'm  more and more convinced, that we should release
the 1.7-beta ASAP and then focus on bugfixing the 1.7.x line.

We have many exciting features pending for the 2.0, so let's develop it in the
meantime, apply patches from 1.7 and allow interested users to install it, but
don't hurry to release it in September. I don't mean to stop the 2.0, just
anybody who is happy to support 1.7 as well as 2.0, please consider to focus
on the former. Nothing wrong will happen, if we release the 2.0 even in
September 2012.

B.