[Qgis-developer] release of 1.7

Duarte Carreira DCarreira at edia.pt
Wed Jun 1 09:46:32 EDT 2011

Paolo, that's very true. And something I feel is related to the problem of mind frames and cultural settings... It has to change somehow... one thing we are missing is the ability to sell QGIS in this manner. And I mean sell in the most commercial aspect. Having a commercial work force, not for licenses but for bugs, quality and overall long term sustainability. Now there's a challenge...

If QGIS would send a letter to known users to raise funds would this be a good/bad/so-so perspective? Or an annual fundraising appeal very much like what Wikipedia does (http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/WMFJA085/en)? Both?

Duarte