[Qgis-developer] Copy of QGIS-NaturalEarth-Example.qgs, etc. - Sample files for QGIS (Map) Server.

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jun 29 20:44:36 EDT 2011

On 06/29/2011 05:31 PM, Noli Sicad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anybody got a copy of QGIS-NaturalEarth-Example.qgs,
> 10m_admin_0_countries.shp, etc use in Live.Osgeo Qgis (map) server?
>
> http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/qgis_mapserver_quickstart.html
>
> I don't want to download the Live-OSGEO DVD. It is big.
>
> I think it would good to have these sample files as one of the project
> in Qgis github so we can easily clone it. We can add some more as well
> in the future (just like ESRI ArcGIS it comes with some projects
> examples for the new users to kickstart).
>
> Probably, a "KickStart_QGIS_Projects" in Qgis github, not a bad title
> for this sample.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Noli

That file is maintained in the OSGeo Live svn
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/app-data/qgis/QGIS-NaturalEarth-Example.qgs

As for the data that comes directly from NaturalEarthData.com , details
are in the gisdata script:
http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/bin/install_gisdata.sh

Note: there are 3 example qgis project files on the DVD currently.

Thanks,
Alex