[Qgis-developer] Feedbacks about Qgis Server

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 04:21:53 EST 2011

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your answer.

2011/11/14 Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>

> Many of the issues you raise here were also identified before or at the
> recent developer meeting. See also http://www.qgis.org/wiki/**
> QGISWebClientIdeas <http://www.qgis.org/wiki/QGISWebClientIdeas>

I have read this page quite "live" during the hackfest (it was a rainy
week-end down here in Montpellier). It has some very interesting things

> The issue with the different scales are really annoying, so why dont we
> make the 96 dpi the default? Do you really think it is much slower?

Much slower, no, but I know for sure that decreasing tile sizes in one of
the first optimisation you do when you deliver map on the web. But I am not
sure decreasing DPI Tto 72 will make a big change though...

> BTW - we already get 96dpi images, only OL seems to calculate the scale
> with 72dpi. We even try to detect the dpi when loading the client. Not sure
> if this works properly ... Thanks anyway for the hint. I will test it.

We spend half a day to understand why the layers did not have the correct
behaviour regarding min and maxScale. After some deep thinking, it appeared
it was relative to DPI . I can confirm for sure that using the OL option
OpenLayers.DOTS_PER_INCH = 96 and asking tiles in 96 DPI works. No more
problems (we tested it on a very complete and complex Qgis project)

> An improved GetLegendGraphics with user configurable sizes is already
> requested and will be a paid development/improvement from Sourcepole.

Great news.

> GetCapabilities improvements: at the meeting we decided to use a web map
> context (similar to GetCapabilities) but more configurable to transport
> settings we want, e.g the initial layer visibility, etc.

I think it is a good idea :)

Regards,
Michael