[Qgis-developer] New plugins web application

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Oct 4 17:31:52 EDT 2011

Hi Alessandro

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Werner Macho <werner.macho at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alessandro,
>
> As a not very good programmer I am probably not that helpful but if I
> can help in any way just tell me what to do and I will support you as
> I feel you are perfectly right .. we should consolidate and replace
> the old system ..
> If you want to work on that also in Zürich - I am there too - maybe I
> can help you ..

My understanding is that your fine new plugin repo will be the
official repo of QGIS 2.0 and at some point in the close future master
will point to that repo instead of the old one. I think Borys and
Martin also had some thoughts on it so they will correct me if I got
anything wrong.

We were also going to ask you if you could work on the symbol
repository during the Zurich hackfest if you attend. Look forward to
seeing you there!

Regards

Tim

> kind regards
> Werner
>
> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Alessandro Pasotti <apasotti at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> during last Hackfest in Lisbon, me with Tim and the two Ric[h]?ard?
>> have been working on the new web infrastructure (plugins.qgis.org),
>> the work has continued in the last months with bug fixing and other
>> improvements.
>>
>> I'm not sayng that this new system is perfect but I'm asking myself
>> why there is a so strong lack of interest for it. The only time I've
>> pressed slightly for a shift towards the new system, I've been told it
>> was too early.
>>
>> I feel that, even if it could certainly be improved, the new system is
>> better than the old one and should replace it ASAP.
>>
>> I'm considering to participate to the next Hackfest in Zuerich in
>> order to work on that, but I need a clear statement from the steering
>> comitee about the future of that application.
>>

>> Any comment/feedback is warmly welcome!
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> 2011/10/1 Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:
>>> Hi all.
>>> Organization of the metting is starting. Please let us know if you need financial
>>> help to participate, so we can work out a budget.
>>> Please also help us soliciting potential donors and sponsors.
>>> All the best.
>>> --
>>> Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
>>> www.faunalia.eu