[Qgis-developer] WPS plugin not connecting (proxy?)

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 13:44:56 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Barry Rowlingson
<b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
>> Hi all.
>> I set up the proxy in qgis, and everything is working, except for the
>> Elevation plugin (as I already wrote) and WPS plugin: do they both use
>> another method for accessing the web, bypassing the proxy setting?
>> All the best.
>
>  Elevation uses the python httplib, which requires you to first set up
> a connection to the proxy and then do a query with the full
> http://blah/blah URL, instead of setting up a connection to the web
> server and then getting just the path.

A better approach would be to use Qt classes for network I/O (i.e.
QNetworkRequest and friends) together with QgsNetworkAccessManager
that knows qgis proxy settings - then the plugin does not have to
worry about proxies. Additionally those Qt classes provide a
convenient interface using signals and slots.

Martin