[Qgis-developer] WPS plugin not connecting (proxy?)

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Oct 14 12:33:36 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> I set up the proxy in qgis, and everything is working, except for the
> Elevation plugin (as I already wrote) and WPS plugin: do they both use
> another method for accessing the web, bypassing the proxy setting?
> All the best.

 Elevation uses the python httplib, which requires you to first set up
a connection to the proxy and then do a query with the full
http://blah/blah URL, instead of setting up a connection to the web
server and then getting just the path.

A change to Elevation.py to use urllib (which is imported, but not
used) works for me - but I'm not sure if its getting my proxy settings
from Qgis's settings or from my shell's proxy settings. Either way, it
works:

Around Line 85:

url = "http://maps.google.com/maps/api/elevation/json?locations=" +
str(pt[1])+","+str(pt[0])+"&sensor=false"
u = urllib.urlopen(url)
jsonresult = u.read()

urllib2 might be another possible option. I've CC'd Steffen, the
elevation plugin author in on this.

Barry