[Qgis-developer] adding python interpreter to QGis mapserver to expose analysis routines

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 09:06:04 EDT 2011

These days I'm studying the QGis server architecture, and I was wondering on
using it beyond its WMS features.
I suppose that exposing other functionalities through it's (fast)cgi
interface is trivial, and being able to run python scripts from the qgis
internal python interpreter coul be interesting.
Some proprietary gis servers already let users publish scripts accessible
through web services, and I imagine that it could be done through Qgis
server too.
Before going on, I would like to receive comments on this, and invetigate
eventual blocking issues for this feature given the actual Qgis server
architecture.

Giovanni