[Qgis-developer] adding python interpreter to QGis mapserver to expose analysis routines

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 10:43:24 EDT 2011

I have a similar question, but not the same, if I got it.

I am thinking about a possibility to write a wrapper around the QGIS
mapserver in Python. I mean a possibility to process a request before
it is passed to QGIS MS core and process result before it is sent back
to client. Practically Python bindings for QGIS mapserver. Basically
the same like UMN MapServer mapscript in Python. Are you planning
something like that?

Usually it is always necessary to add an additional functionality for
each project and the possibility to do it in Python would be the best
IMO.

Radim