[Qgis-developer] adding python interpreter to QGis mapserver to expose analysis routines

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 11:24:32 EDT 2011

I was thinking to both the ways:

 - expose geoprocessing directly through QGIS MS (either C++ plugins or
Python plugins)
 - provide a Python mapscripting for QGIS MS (as you're saying)

I think the two ways are complementary.
The latter would let you "control" QGIS MS, and proxy requests, exactly the
same as Mapserver/Mapscript.
The first one would let you also expose code written for QGis Desktop. For
example, you could expose the features provided by the Processing Framework
(OTB, SAGA, etc.), or the code inside QGis Analysis.

I think that practically a common architecture could respond to both the
functionalities: add qgispython interface to Qgis MS, as it is available for
Qgis Desktop. This way you can call Python from Qgis and viceversa.

giovanni