[Qgis-developer] various problems during a course

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Oct 19 16:36:07 EDT 2011

Sorry, got mingled. This is the correct email.

Il 19/10/2011 01:36, Giovanni Manghi ha scritto:
> - the plugin Elevation does not take into account the proxy setting, so
> it does not work (known problem[0]) and it locks QGIS, forcing a
> restart; I suggest to fix it or, if impossible, to deprecate it
> - opening a
> - the plugin CSW client does not connect (I'm behind a proxy, do not
> know what's going wrong) with error:
>
> Error connecting to server geocat.ch: [same for others]
>
> <urlopen error timed out>
>
> - the tile scale apparently does not work
> - invert color map (in raster properties) option seem bugged: the flag
> is unchecked when closing the window
> - Rasterlite layers, e.g.
> http://download.gfoss.it/TrueMarble/TrueMarble-2km.sqlite
> are extremely slow to open (I remember a while ago they were
> surprisingly fast); I noticed it uses only one CPU out of four, BTW
> Feedback welcome.
>
> [0]https://trac.faunalia.it/qgis_plugins/ticket/18

Hi all.
More minor issues:
- if I edit label properties with the button (close to rotate label),
the label disappears
- the random colour ramps are generally ugly, and often colours are repeated
- a button "Randomize" is missin for random colour ramps (currently one
has to change the number of classes to have a new ramp)
- in the editing widgets, the slider does not work
- the measure area tool seems to be wrong when started with the
ellipsoid off (measures are doubled); switching ellipsoid on and off
again brings back the good value.
If I get confirmations of the above I'll open tickets (but will not mind
if someone else will do it sooner).
Thanks.

--
Paolo Cavallini