[Qgis-developer] Python problem - qgispython.dll

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 04:25:51 EDT 2011

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Sasikumar Kanniyappan
<qgis.developer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
>     I doing some customization work and creating tools in Qgis 1.7. The
> problem is the newly build installer is working on the development machine
> but it is not working with the other machines. As you said, something wrong
> with the python while creating installer. Please let me know how to build
> the Qgis 1.7 with python.(Once again the installer is working on my
> development machine).
>
> I am attaching the error screen shot for you reference.(All error are at
> python start up)

The screenshots suggest that something went wrong with the python
path: there are several relative paths ('.\\DLLs' and others). Python
docs suggest [1] that you should set PYTHONHOME environment variable
to get correct paths. This may be reason why it works on your
development machine and not elsewhere.

[1] http://docs.python.org/using/windows.html

Martin