[Qgis-developer] New search, browse and edit UI

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 02:24:02 EST 2012

Hi all,

I would like to come back to Nathan's idea of integrating qSearch plugin
in the core.
I don't think this the right way to go.

As discussed already with Andreas Neuman, I think that a good way is to
have an "edit form" dialog that can do everything:

- If you have a multiple selection, arrows added in the bottom of dialog
allow you to browse the selection, item per item (replacing Item Browser
plugin).

- you can edit the fields as you browse, but you can also apply the
changes for the whole selection (replacing QuickMultiAttribute plugin -
great btw)

- you can search features in the layer using the same edit form. Maybe
by adding checkboxes in front of each field, you can select which would
be used in the search. You would browse your result in the same window.
(replacing qSearch plugin)

I heard that some of these changes might be made by Jürgen. Don't really
know what part.

Just wanted to say that these plugins are just bridging a gap which
hopefully will not remain long and that the search/browse/edit should be
considered as one thing.

I don't really know right now if it's possible as a unique plugin. I
don't think it is worth the time I would spend on this, if this is added
to the core a few months later.

Greetings,

Denis