[Qgis-developer] proposal for migrating QGIS documentation to reST/Sphinx

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Mon Jan 9 11:53:13 EST 2012

Am Mon, 09 Jan 2012 17:41:22 +0100
schrieb Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:

> Il 09/01/2012 17:36, Otto Dassau ha scritto:
>
> > we started to work on a solution for the documentation and we decided to
> > migrate the docs from latex to rst - but this has not happened yet. At
> > this point we have the docs in git and we plan to start using the online
> > tools provided by github to work on the englisch manual (latex) for the
> > next release.
>
> Hi Otto.
> You mean 1.7.4, or major release (2.0)? Why not moving to rst sooner? Will
> it be a manual process, or there are efficient tools for migration?
> All the best.

Hi Paolo,

I guess 2.0 is more realistic. There is some convert tools, but it will still
be much work to migrate all styles or if that is not possible, to create a
new nice looking manual. The speed depends on the number of people working
on it. At the moment we don't have too many people writing or working on the
documentation, that's why I think it will take a little longer.

Regards
Otto