[Qgis-developer] proposal for migrating QGIS documentation to reST/Sphinx

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Jan 9 11:55:39 EST 2012

Il 09/01/2012 17:53, Otto Dassau ha scritto:

> I guess 2.0 is more realistic. There is some convert tools, but it will still
> be much work to migrate all styles or if that is not possible, to create a
> new nice looking manual. The speed depends on the number of people working
> on it. At the moment we don't have too many people writing or working on the
> documentation, that's why I think it will take a little longer.

Understood. I'm pretty sure is we'll have a nice interface, without the need to learn
new tools (latex etc.) many more people will be available to help. At least our
Italian community is ready. That's why I was suggesting to migrate ASAP, and put in
place simpler tools for translators.
Of course if the migration itself is very heavy, this is a real problem. Could we
start from simpler pieces?
All the best, and thanks a lot.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia