[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-community-team] Fwd: [Live-demo] Translation tools - Pootle

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 03:14:48 EST 2012

On Wed, 2012-01-11 at 09:05 +0100, Otto Dassau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think Werner had a look at pootle during the hackfest in Poland. And I
> remember that it looked like a good tool for the GUI (.po) files online
> translations, but at that time not for documentation or manual pages.
>
> But maybe I am wrong and it has changed.

Hi,

Yes.. I was right about to answer .. I took a look at pootle together
with volker at the HF in Wroclaw ..
It looked really nice but at that time it was not really able to
handle .ts files and unfortunately it was rather slow ..
That is more than 1 Year ago .. so probably a lot has changed and we
should give it a try again ..
Making the translation easier would be a huge advance..

I also tried transifex (www.transifex.net) but from my point of view it
is not really what we are looking for ..
(But I already reserved the name qgis on transifex - just to be sure)
Looking at it I see that also transifex has improved since my last
visit .. So probably we should start a new round and give the tools a
chance ..

I welcome every improvement that helps our translators

thanks for your help to all of you

kind regards
Werner