[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Cast your vote: Default icon theme for QGIS 2.0

Daniel Lee lee at isi-solutions.org
Tue Jul 10 03:31:30 PDT 2012

Hi there,

I also think the GRASS theme is great, although I have to say that I'm a
long-time GRASS user. I've often heard complaints about QGIS' icon set,
especially in Windows - people feel that it looks a bit unserious, although
I don't see it that way. However, I do see great advantages in
consolidating the use of FOSS GIS to these to main overarching packages -
it's great to have lots of products but we're a specialized, rather small
community and it's good when people don't invest their time in reinventing
the wheel. In that sense, I would support style unification across QGIS and
GRASS - it would make it easier to jump back and forth and perhaps
encourage the use of the GRASS plugin more.

Best,
Daniel

--

B.Sc. Daniel Lee
Geschäftsführung für Forschung und Entwicklung

Softwarecenter 3
35037 Marburg
Festnetz: +49 6421 379 6256
Mobil: +49 176 6127 7269